Sunday 17 June 2007

Kids' party food

I haven't posted anything about cooking for the past few days, because I've not done any. It's rare that I don't cook for four days, especially when one of those days is Saturday.

It was a busy day socially yesterday. The Little Guy went to a birthday party (dressed as Batman); he was rather clingy so I didn't leave him, but I got to catch up with some old friends, which was very nice.

And last night we went to the school fundraiser, which was held at the local bowling club, and spent the night chatting to lots of people. Again, very pleasant indeed, but the food on offer was basically kids' party food. It meant that I got to the end of the day having eaten not much more than some small sausage rolls and a sausage in a bun. Hardly what you'd call a balanced diet!

Tonight, this dreadful diet will be remedied. The Hubster is making a chicken and leek pie for dinner, and we'll have a big salad with it.

No comments: